This 5 day medical course is specifically designed for medical personnel with the need for advanced prolonged field care skills in a resource-depleted environment. Our Prolonged Field C are (PFC) course will challenge the individual student’s ability to properly manage their mental and physical stress as they personally manage critical trauma and medical patients. Through multiple challenging simulated combat/non-combat scenarios, students will understand how to confidently and effectively manage a critical patient for up to 48 hours.
- Our diverse professional medical instructor staff consists of emergency medical doctors, nurse anesthetist, critical care nurses, flight paramedics, former military TCCC instructors and former combat experienced SOF medical providers to ensure a low student to instructor ration and more student hands-on experience.
- Student instruction and performance evaluations are delivered through classroom presentation, case studies, hands-on skill stations and final practical exercises.
- Unit specific training scenarios available upon request.
- Open Enrollment Available
- Regularly scheduled monthly courses available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and locations.
- Course Fee: Up to $5,500 per student*
*Fee can vary depending on location, number of students, and requested course customization.
Throughout the entire course a heavy emphasis is placed on the individual student’s ability to properly and confidently perform:
- Patient Assessment/Reassessment
- Vital Sign Interpretation
- Lab Value Interpretation
- MACE TBI Examination
- Anesthesia Administration
- Advanced Surgical/Non-Surgical Interventions
- Field Expedient Walking Blood Bank/Blood Transfusions
- Ventilator Use
- Radio/Telemedicine Consultation
- Pre-Mission Planning/Regional Medical Assets
- CASEVAC Procedures/9-Line MEDEVAC
- Mission Specific Medical Gear Set-Up
- Unit specific medical bags, if available
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Note taking material
- Long pants
- Long sleeve shirt
- Hiking boots (NO OPEN TOED SHOES)
- Meals and refreshments not provided