Everyday people experience unexpected situations associated with travel. An innocent drive can quickly turn into an unfamiliar and fearful survival situation if you’re not trained and prepared. Too often we ignore the hazards associated with vehicle travel from basic break downs to travelling in environments during different times of year.
What will you, or your family members do when your vehicle is stranded in the middle of nowhere during a winter blast, or just a flat tire in an area with no cell phone signal? Situational awareness and planning are key to survival in any environment. Our basic and advanced Roadside Survival Courses are designed for new drivers, families living in isolated areas and those planning vehicular long distance travel.
We provide basic and advanced packages in our Roadside Survival Courses.
This one day course is designed to increase your awareness and preparation level based on your most common location of vehicular travel. This course is offered as a Mobile Training Team (MTT) Course.
- Open Enrollment Available
- Regularly scheduled monthly courses available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and locations.
- Survival mindset
- Required everyday items
- Extended travel concepts
- Field expedient vehicle repairs
- Vehicle evaluation
- Vehicle survival kit preparation
- In-vehicle survival plan
- Basic map reading
- Route planning/dissemination
- Communication planning
- Physical assessment planning
- Multiple passenger planning and security awareness
- Basic first aid
- Environmental considerations
Survival skills practical application
- Inclement weather gear as needed
- Note taking material
- Long sleeve shirt, pants and closed toe shoes
- Meals and refreshments not provided